tisdag 28 september 2010

Lidingöloppet accomplished!

Jaaaaaa! I didn't just "made it", I got a good time aswell :) My goal has been 2 hrs 40 min and I'd be happy beneath 3 hrs. I ended up on 2 hrs 50 min and 0 sec, easy to remember :P

The first 10 km were very crowded and I was so phyched to be running. They took me 59 min to run, which was kind of good because I had energy left for my next 10 km.

The next 10 km were still nice. I had runner's high and didn't want the race to stop. Still very crowded so those 10 km took me 58 min. I was by now "a bit" tired, but my calves were OK.

The last 10 km were not very crowded so I had an opportunity to end my energy reserves. I overtook a lot of people until about the 26th km were my spirit was lowered and I now ran just on will. Had to talk myself into "don't stop, it's just like running the 2,5 km trail in Rydsskogen". The last 300 m were epic! I ran like an elk (jag älgade) with huge strides and saw on my watch that it was now 4:29:55 pm which meant I had about 5 sec to make to the finish line if I wanted to get a sub 2:50-time. I dashed and almost made it. Afterwards I tell myself that 2:50 is easier to remember than 2:49:57...

I can recommend everyone to run a race! It's so much fun to run with all the people and music and commotion and it's very motivating to have a concrete goal.

In the evening and the day after I thought I had got SPD (foglossning, you know when pregnant womens' pelvis fall apart) in my entire body... But now I'm fine :)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar